Friday, July 6, 2012

The conference luggage of the boss

This time, inspired by the conference season and again by one cartoon from the Stripped Science blog I decided to dedicate some cartoons to the conference luggage (suitcases) prepared by different members of (my virtual and eventual) research group. I'll start with the boss of course, and believe me, I speak from my own experience. For instance about the poster in A4 size even nowadays just because he is lazy to carry the poster tube - but this solution is still better than the other one he also made, i.e. to make me carry his poster (and mine) in the tube for him for an oversea conference... What concerns the swimsuit, it is only partially invention (at least with me he fortunately never went to the beach, but with Amanda he might have done it). But while being with him on one of my most expensive conferences, he decided to visit (with me of course, I had no choice, it was an order) the city (and some of the touristic places) just at the same time our poster section discussion was held (a special oral section dedicated to discussion of most interesting posters and questions in our own section/field). This way - due to his highest intelligence - we missed the discussion, and one prof we knew told us later that even my poster has been mentioned and questions were asked about it. So I missed one of the most important and unique possibilities to present and discuss my own results just because of my boss (who had at that time much more experience with conferences than me, so I still do not understand how he could be so unprofessional to miss this section, unless he made it intentionally...)

No comments:

Post a Comment